Easy Gorgonzola Recipe
Okay, so this appetizer might not exactly be bite size but the combination between the Gorgonzola, Tomato and seasoned olive oil is turmendous. This is an easy appetizer recipe for anyone who is looking for something a bit more healthier.
source: my mother’s cookbook
- 3 large tomatoes, ripe
- 8 oz Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh basil
- black pepper (fresh)
- salt (kosher)
- garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- First, start by slicing your tomatoes, the thickness can be decided by you, I like about a half an inch. Once they are sliced up you can lay them out onto a baking sheet pan.
- Next you can get out your gorgonzola cheese and start slicing that to place on top of your tomatoes, again you can decide the thickness. I usually like about a half an inch.
- After your cheese is on top of your tomato slices you can take the baking sheet and place it into the oven. We are not looking to melt the cheese or roast the tomato is anyway, the baking sheet should only stay in there for 5 to 10 minutes. We are just looking to get the tomato and cheese warm and soft.
- While that is in the oven you can mix together your olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Season it to your liking, I recommend only adding a dash of garlic powder.
- Once the the tomatoes and gorgonzola cheese comes out of the oven you can begin to drizzle the olive oil on top. Once completed, you can garnish your appetizer with some freshly cut basil.