Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
-1/2 kilo deveined and shelled shrimp
-2 tablespoons Olive oil
-2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning:
1 tablespoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne chili pepper
1 pinch ground dry mustard
1 pinch ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground cardamom
1 pinch ground allspice
1 pinch ground cloves
1 pinch ground ginger
-1 teaspoon Italian seasoning:
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
-1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
-2 chicken broth cubes or chicken soup
-1/2 cup yellow whole kernel corn can
-55 grams cream cheese
-1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
-2 green onion stalks, chopped
-salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium to large sauce pan bring the chicken broth cube to a boil, add the corn and reduce the heat to low.
2. Cover and let the corn simmer for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. When the corn have absorbed the liquid add cream cheese, shredded cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Stir mixture well, cover and remove from heat.
5. Place shrimp in a large plastic bag or mixing bowl, add Old Bay, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and smoked paprika and toss until shrimp is coated.
6. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the shrimps and cook it for 5 minutes on each side or until shrimp is pink and tender.
7. To assemble the shrimp and the corn add a heaping serving of corn to two shallow bowls.
8. Top with shrimp, chopped green onions, and additional pepper.
*Recipe inspired by Chef Annie Holems.