🔸For the commamon sugar coating:
-1/4 cup caster / superfine sugar
-2 tsp ground cinnamon
🔸For the churros:
-1 cup flour
-1 tsp leaven
-Pinch of salt
-1 tbsp vegetable or oil ⚠️(not extra virgin olive oil)
-1 cup boiling water
-2 cups+ oil , for frying
🔸The Chocolate sauce:
-1/2 cup chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips
-1/2 cup thickened / cream
1. Cinnamon sugar coating: mix sugar and cinnamon in a very shallow bowl, set aside.
2. in a very batter combine the flour, leaven and salt in a very bowl.
3. Add the oil and water and blend till simply combined because it ought to be a thick, viscous batter, sort of a wet sticky dough, not skinny and watery.
4. in a very piping bag transfer the dough into a piping bag with a 8mm star tip nozzle. put aside whereas oil heats.
5. Heat the oil and pour a 5cm oil over medium high in a very little pot, cooking pan or little however deep cooking pan to 180°C or till it takes twenty seconds for atiny low cube of bread to show golden.
6. Pipe 15cm lengths of dough into the oil, piece with scissors (snip on the brink of oil surface to avoid splash).
7. Do three to four per batch, makes ten to twelve in total.
Cook for 2-3 minutes or till golden and crisp, rolling often.
8. Drain it by removing onto towel lined plate to empty. Then appear sugar. Serve hot with Chocolate Sauce!
9. Place in a very heatproof bowl and microwave in thirty second bursts, stirring in between, till swish.
10. put aside for five minutes to cool down and thicken slightly. 😋
⚠️ make certain you get chocolate for cookery (ie from baking aisle), not chocolate for eating! It melts properly
⚠️ don’t appear sugar. permit to cool down utterly, then store in airtight instrumentality (not in fridge). it’ll go soft. heat in 180C/350F kitchen appliance for five minutes or till crisp, then appear sugar.