🔸For the Smoked salmon mousse:
-150g smoked salmon
-150g Cream Cheese, softened 🔔Recommended to use Philadelphia cheese*
-2 tbsp/ 30g sour cream
-2 tbsp/ 40g mayonnaise
-1/3 cup fresh dill, roughly chopped
-1 garlic clove, minced
-2 tsp lemon zest (1 lemon)
-2 tbsp lemon juice
-1/4 tsp salt and pepper, each
🔸For the cucumber:
-3 long cucumbers OR 6 standard cucumbers
🔸For the Garnish:
-Extra dill sprigs
-Lemon slices for serving
1. Place the Salmon Mousse ingredients in a food processor. Blitz until completely smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
2. Fit a piping bag with wide star tip nozzle (1.5-2cm wide), then transfer the Mousse into the piping bag.
3. Refrigerate for 5 hours until firmed.
4. Cut the cucumbers into 1.5cm thick slices.
5. Use a small melon baller or teaspoon to scoop a well out.
6. Pipe the mousse into the cucumbers.
7. Top with dill and serve immediately.
⚠️The smoked salmon can be substituted with smoked trout or other smoked fish.
⚠️ the long cucumbers ones are better because they are less watery, so they don’t dilute the mousse as much when eating. But the short ones work just as well!
⚠️ Once assembled, the cucumber starts sweating at around from 30 to 45 minutes (still super tasty though!).
⚠️You can use Olives instead of the Salmon with 200g green or black olives, and parsley or chives for dill. Blitz until ALMOST fully smooth – little bits of olive is nice.😋